How to fix a corrupt installation of Visual Quality

I found the solution to this problem posted on the Visual Quality newsgroup the other day.

Problem: One of my users deleted Visual Quality from his computer. He did not use CONTROL PANEL, Add and remove programs to remove visual Quality. He Deleted VQ right from Program files.
Now, I would like to reinstall the Quality but as soon as I launch the installation the system gives me choice to modify, remove or repair. I did all these options but nothing happens (Since al files are deleted). I’m not able to reinstall Visual Quality. I copied all Quality files from another computer to this computer but that didn’t help either.


Solution: Open regedit and delete this key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersionUninstall{4007C318-F138-11D4-B6A3-00C04F22103D}]

When you look at this key is should have the Uninstall information. When you delete it, the setup program assumes that VQ is not installed.

Comments

Popular Posts